A Houseperson at The Joule provides friendly, attentive, and timely service ensuring that guest rooms and related areas meet high standards. Ideal candidates will uphold and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists Room Attendant; including but not limited to stripping room linen and removing trash
- Remove dirty linen and trash from room throughout the day and restock linen and towels in check out rooms
- Transports dirty linen from departed rooms to designated area
- Responsible for maintaining all corridors, pick up trash and debris from floors including but not limited to vacuum corridors and stairways, shampoo corridors and guest rooms
- Key player in maintaining storerooms clean, free of trash, and organized at all times
- Dust and wipe down all fire doors, alarms, extinguishers, baseboards and trash cans
- Responsible for sweeping and mopping service areas daily
- Delivers any requested items to guest room promptly
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by leader
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to lift, bend and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate in the English language
- Available to work a variable schedule that will include evenings and weekends
- 1 year housekeeping experience required
THE JOULE’S COMMITMENT
As a Full Time Joule Ambassador you will be entitled to our exclusive company benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401k (with company matching up to 6% of your contribution, and 100% vested immediately)
- 15 Days of PTO + 1 Floating day + 6 national paid holidays
- Preferred Hotels, Award Winning Restaurants, Exclusive Spa and Gym discount programs
- Parking/DART discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Company paid benefits at no cost for you:
- Basic Employee Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- One hot meal when on shift
- Ambassador recognition programs and events
Please review each of these links below for important information regarding your application and our company.
161 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”
Our Company uses E-Verify
E-Verify Poster (English) - E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
E-Verify (English) - E-Verify (Spanish)