The Banquet Server is responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to banquet guests in a timely, courteous and professional manner according to the hotel high standards of quality. The Banquet Server is also responsible for the setup and breakdown of events, including setting tables, moving equipment, and cleaning of work spaces.
- Set up banquet tables as instructed by Banquet Captain/Manager to include serviceware, glassware, china, décor etc.
- Attend stand up meetings prior to functions to review all necessary details in order to deliver flawless service
- Greet guests genuinely and respond quickly and courteously to any needs
- Be present on the floor at all times during events to ensure guest satisfaction especially during meal service
- Engage with guests and communicate with a positive and respectful demeanor
- Serve food and/or beverages according to Banquet Captain/Manager’s standards
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course or at the end of the meal or function
- Abide by all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health standards
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies
- Return all used items to their designated storage areasOnce banquet function has ended, breakdown and put away all food and beverage items and wait for any further instruction prior to release from Banquet Captain/Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned by Banquet Captain/Manager
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Service Orientation; knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer and personal services
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware
- Possess strong communication skills
- To be able to stand for extended periods of time during a shift
- To be able to work shifts at off premise locations
- TABC Seller Training Certificate, Texas Food Handler Certificate
- Operate with passion, respect, integrity, dedication and empowerment to all internal and external guests
THE JOULE’S COMMITMENT
As an On-Call Joule Ambassador you will be entitled to our exclusive company benefits:
- Preferred Hotels, Award Winning Restaurants, Exclusive Spa and Gym discount programs
- Parking/DART discounts
Company paid benefits at no cost for you:
- One hot meal when on shift
- Ambassador recognition programs and events
160 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”