Therapists are responsible for delivering exceptional treatments to guests of the spa in line with The Spa at The Joule and Hotel brand standards, whilst maintaining excellent five star client care, cleaning standards and grooming. Responsible for revenue generation through retail, up selling and cross sales to other business centers in the spa.
SPA & RETAIL SALES
- Responsible for achieving retail sales targets as set by the Spa Director/Spa Manager
- Ensure aftercare recommendations are made at the end of every treatment, linking with client concerns and offering to prepare products at reception for purchase
- Encourage clients to return to the spa by recommending an ongoing treatment program and cross selling the other business centers in the spa. Maintain a sound knowledge of all treatments, packages and any promotions
- Responsible for achieving guest retention set by the Spa Director/Spa Manager
- Participate in demonstrations/ events as required
- Ensure that daily sales figures are accurately recorded
- Perform all treatments at an exceptional standard, as per The Spa at The Joule protocols and standards taught in training, whilst tailoring to the client’s specific needs
- Update own knowledge of products and treatment brand standards, outside of formal training by The Spa at The Joule and Lead Therapist
- Carry out an in-depth consultation with each client prior to treatment, ensuring medical history and concerns are identified
- Protect the guest experience by moving quietly around the treatment room and in corridors
- Use the correct quantities of products as specified by the manufacturer and not exceed that amount
- Maintain linen and product levels in the treatment rooms, ensuring trolleys are stocked, clean and organised as per the spa standards
- Follow treatment room opening and closing procedures correctly, reporting any maintenance issues to the Manager on Duty
- Maintain the highest standard of guest service by following The Spa at The Joule protocols and displaying genuine care and attention to detail
- Consistently record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles and communicating any relevant information to colleagues
- Ensure confidentiality at all times including data protection, medical details and any information provided in confidence by the client
- Report any guest complaints to the Manager on Duty so that they can be handled promptly and effectively
HEALTH, SAFETY & HYGIENE
- Perform all treatments in a professional, hygienic and safe manner for all clients, updating knowledge and training regularly
- Responsible for the cleanliness, sterilization and hygiene of all equipment, products and linens in the treatment and preparation areas, following The Spa at The Joule protocols
- Day to day responsibility for equipment, products, cleanliness and hygiene of the treatment and preparation areas
- Receive training on all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at Work Law and Health and Hygiene standards
- Act responsibly at all times in relation to personal safety along with the safety of colleagues and guests of the spa
- Support the Spa Attendants where required in maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the spa facilities
- Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by the Spa Director
- Always be punctual and prepared in advance of treatments
- Support all departments in the spa including covering reception and spa attendant duties as and when required
- Must adhere to training as set down by the Spa Manager and Lead Therapist and attend all training courses as deemed necessary
As a Full Time Associate you will be entitled to our exclusive company benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401k (with company matching up to 6% of your contribution, and 100% vested immediately)
- 10 Days of Vacation + 5 Sick Days + 1 Personal day + 6 national paid holidays
- Preferred Hotels, Award Winning Restaurants, Exclusive Spa and Gym discount programs
- Parking/DART discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Company paid benefits at no cost for you:
- Basic Employee Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- One hot meal when on shift
- Ambassador recognition programs and events
161 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”