The Spa Coordinator is responsible for maximizing the revenue of the spa through effective scheduling, yield management and sales. As an Ambassador for the spa this role ensures outstanding five star guest relations, delivering SPA and hotel brand standards at Spa Reception.
SALES & REVENUE GENERATION
- Maximize revenue of treatments and programmers through effective scheduling, yield management and cross sales
- Contribute to the team’s overall targets and strive to achieve personal targets and goals as set out by the Spa Management team
- Maintain a sound treatment and retail knowledge with the ability to accurately describe benefits and prices
- Up sell current spa promotions/packages whilst ensuring uptake is recorded accurately
- Actively recommend products and provide further consultation to guests to ensure that sales are closed on product recommendations made by the therapists
- Encourage clients to return by recommending an ongoing treatment program, inviting guests to re-book
- Responsible for all billing procedures at the reception desk and the correct reconciliation of funds at the close of each shift and at the end of the day’s
- Maintain the highest standard of guest service by following THE SPA at The Joule protocols and displaying genuine care and attention to detail
- Conduct spa tours for all guests, VIPs and prospective members. Act as an Ambassador for the spa at all times
- Consistently record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles and communicating any relevant information to colleagues
- Ensure confidentiality at all times including data protection, medical details and any information provided in confidence by the client
- Report any guest complaints to the Duty Manager so that they can be handled promptly and effectively
- Organize scheduling of appointments to maximize use of time and profitability whilst ensuring that the client’s needs are of first importance
- Obtain and accurately record all relevant guest information including contact details, credit card details and requests/preferences. Prepare all guest correspondence and administration as per brand standards and ensure excellent presentation
- Respond to all guest inquiries promptly and efficiently
- Provide information on spa facilities during tours including benefits, utilization instructions and health and safety
- Maintain the cleanliness, presentation and organisation of the reception area at all times
- Ensure that adequate supplies of all public information material are available and are in immaculate condition
- Record and track turn away business and repeat guests through the Spa Software system
- Prepare the reception area for the start of the next shift, ensuring all messages are communicated and carry out a detailed hand over
- Answer telephones within three rings and in a professional manner, following THE SPA at The Joule brand standards
- Liaise with other hotel departments to ensure guest needs are met and communicated. Maintain a good knowledge of the hotel and facilities available
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Day to day responsibility for equipment, products, cleanliness and hygiene of the reception and other spa areas
- Receive training on all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at Work Law and Health and Hygiene standards
- Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by the Spa Director
- Always be punctual and prepared in advance of treatments
- Support all departments in the spa including covering reception and spa attendant duties as and when required
- Must adhere to training as set down by the Head Receptionist and attend all training courses as deemed necessary
As a Full Time Associate you will be entitled to our exclusive company benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401k (with company matching up to 6% of your contribution, and 100% vested immediately)
- Parking/DART discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Company paid benefits at no cost for you:
- Basic Employee Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- One hot meal when on shift
- Ambassador recognition programs and events
161 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”