The Room Inspector will be responsible for inspecting designated guest rooms. The Room Inspector will ensure that the Housekeepers meet all cleanliness and condition requirements (Forbes & Joule Luxury Standards). His/Her responsibilities include recording inspection results, assisting with guest complaints and maintaining luxury standards. This role also involves developing and training other housekeeping
OUTLINE OF THE ROLE:
- Ensure Housekeepers have their daily checklist assigned
- Follow up with Housekeepers on room status and overall progress of the day
- Inspect 35 to 40 guest rooms per day, according to Forbes and Joule standards
- Communicate with Housekeepers any anomalies/details that need to be rectified
- Communicate with Engineering any technical issues/concerns that need to be fixed
- Follow up and reinspect rooms that were not up to standards upon first inspection
- Verify and update status of rooms into property management system
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner according to Forbes and Joule standards
- Complete work orders
- Communicate with Housekeeping Leadership Team patterns observed (performance concerns, recurring room issues, etc.) on a weekly basis
- Assist in training Room Attendants
- Provide feedback on new hires training progress to Housekeeping Leadership Team
- Perform Room Attendant and/or House person duties, as needed
- Communicate with the Front Office staff of any housekeeping delays or issues
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by leader
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Excellent organizational skills and be detailed oriented
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Make sound decisions and utilize good judgment when addressing guest issues
- Be able to multi task, establish priorities and communicate well with others
- Be familiar with housekeeping standards and current practices
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs)
- Operate with passion, respect, integrity, dedication and empowerment to all internal and external guests
As a Full Time Joule Ambassador you will be entitled to our exclusive company benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401k (with company matching up to 6% of your contribution, and 100% vested immediately)
- 10 Days of Vacation + 5 Sick Days + 1 Personal day + 6 national paid holidays
- Preferred Hotels, Award Winning Restaurants, Exclusive Spa and Gym discount programs
- Parking/DART discounts
Company paid benefits at no cost for you:
- Basic Employee Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- One hot meal when on shift
- Ambassador recognition programs and events
160 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”