Posted May 27, 2020
Expected Schedule/ Hours: Variable Schedule including some weekends and holidays
Job Summary: We are looking for a passionate and creative Pastry Chef that would be responsible for the production of goods in the Pastry Department, and general supervision of the kitchen operation and management of culinary ambassadors. Ideal candidate will love the craftsmanship and develop innovative pastry and bread products and maintain high quality control and consistency.
Education Requirements: Culinary Degree Required
Experience Requirements: 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership role in Pastry area of a luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant
Additional recommended resources to utilize in candidate search:
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
• Maintain excellent knowledge of current pastry and baking trends
• 5 + years Pastry Chef experience in a high-volume luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant
• Exceptional knowledge of high quality, upscale pastry and dessert preparation / presentation and cost control
• Willingness to set a high standard in the kitchen through leading by example
• Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities and deliver results in a demanding work environment
• Enthusiastic about coaching, mentoring, and training ambassadors toward measurable goals
• Must be organized, able to multi-task, and easily adapt and respond to change
• Available to work a varied schedule that will include evenings and weekends
• Operate with passion, respect, integrity, dedication and empowerment to all internal and external guests
• Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare reports, and schedules to ensure budgets are met
• Staying abreast of trends and developments within the industry, channels, and techniques that will keep the brand in the forefront
• Manage kitchen staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures and coordinating weekly schedules and payroll
• Supervise all cooking operations, including methods, portioning, and garnishing
• Requisition food and equipment, giving specifications, quantities and quality descriptions
• Ensure attractive presentation and quality of all baked goods
• Meet guest needs by developing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external guests
• Consistently remain self-driven, innovative and possess the commitment to become an industry leader
• Complete all other tasks given by leadership
160 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”
1530 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Telephone (214) 748-1300