Posted March 15, 2020
ROLE/PURPOSE/OVERALL EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION:
As a Cook II, you will hold an essential position in our restaurant. You will be part of a growing and caring team, preparing delicious meals according to our unique recipes and plating specs, which are so important for creating a memorable dining experience. You will be responsible for prepping, cooking and dressing dishes, as well as keeping your work area clean and sanitized.
Variable Schedule including some weekends and holidays
OUTLINE OF THE ROLE:
• Deliver dishes that are cooked according to the recipe and plating specs
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (peeling, chopping, julienne cutting, brunoise dicing, cross chopping, etc)
• Cook food in various utensils or grillers (stir frying, grilling, roasting, baking, sautéing, poaching, simmering, etc)
• Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by leader
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Fundamental cooking knowledge
• Knowledge of order/fire system
• Available to work a varied schedule that will include evenings and weekends
• Will have a passion for food and fresh ingredients
• Operate with passion, respect, integrity, dedication and empowerment to all internal and external guests
Diploma and Vocational Training Preferred
Minimum of 2 years cooking in a fine dining restaurant environment
160 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”
1530 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Telephone (214) 748-1300