Posted December 30, 2019
ROLE/PURPOSE/OVERALL EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION:
The Sous-Chef, assists the Chef de Cuisine and other members of the culinary leadership team in the supervision of the kitchen operation, management of culinary associates, and in the creation and costing of menus. He/She has a passion for food and will ensure that all our guests enjoy a memorable dining experience.
OUTLINE OF THE ROLE:
• Support Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef supervising the kitchen operations in their absence
• Assist Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef in controlling all labor and food costs in the restaurant kitchen
• Support Chef de Cuisine /Executive Chef in inspiring and establishing a consistent understanding of company core culture
• Support Chef de Cuisine/Executive Chef in bringing standards higher in the kitchen in every aspect
• Provide ongoing training to the culinary staff and elevate their technical skills
• Recognize areas of praise and opportunities, and share findings with Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef
• Prepare training programs for kitchen staff
• Create and implement action plan to improve team performances according to team’s opportunities
Quarterly Components for Objectives/Tasks:
• Assist Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef in conducting quarterly staff meeting
• Provide feedback about the team members
• Discuss training opportunities
• Menu changes – assist with the implementation of new restaurant menus
• Conduct one on ones with kitchen staff
• Discuss accomplishments of the quarter and future focuses for the next quarter
• Ensure follow up after 1x1 to ensure completion of future goals
• Assess all kitchen equipment and report any concern to appropriate department
• Assist with inventory
• Conduct 4 dishes audits and ensure recopies specifics are followed
• Debrief with kitchen staff, and address concerns immediately
• Place food orders according to restaurant operations and business
• Provide training opportunities to kitchen staff needing support and development
• Assess kitchen staff performances and progresses and give feedback to Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef
• Monitor and assess the kitchen cleanliness
• Support kitchen staff in all aspects of kitchen operations
• Lead shift briefing before each service
• Ensure attractive presentation and quality of all food and dishes being sent to guests
• Supervise all cooking operations, including methods, portioning, and garnishing
• Oversee all production and ensure all recipes are being met
• Ensure highest quality in the restaurant operations
• Check for cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisor
160 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”
1530 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Telephone (214) 748-1300