Engineer III/HVAC Tech
Role/Purpose/Overall Expectations Of This Position:
The Engineer III is responsible for repairing and maintaining HVAC and refrigeration equipment (boilers, chillers, air handling units and controls, etc.) in accordance with ASHRAE standards. Maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel in continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. You will work on Preventive Maintenance, identifying and addressing technical concerns before it impacts a guest, and Reactive Maintenance, adhering to the hotel specifications and standards in repairing, servicing, inspecting, and testing equipment.
Variable Schedule including some weekends and holidays.
Outline Of The Role:
- Maintain and Repair chilled water systems.
- Familiarity with the energy management system & field components.
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance & respective reports; Complete assigned work orders in a timely fashion.
- Handle guest complaints utilizing he Guest Instant Pacification Procedures.
- Inspect and troubleshoot all equipment, including ceiling units and suspended units which may require climbing scaffolding, ladders or cat walks.
- Responsible for Maintenance Engineer duties.
- Responsible for daily rounds and log sheet; Maintain the equipment logs, files and operation manuals for ice machines and refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain property inventory and requisition parts as needed.
- Identify, locate and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Repair and calibrate HVAC controls.
- Change filters, clean coils and troubleshoot all HVAC systems
- Charge refrigeration systems and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
- Maintain safe conditions and procedures in work area and other associated areas; check working condition of equipment and report all deficiencies immediately to supervisor to be rectified; report any safety hazard to supervisor.
- Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain the hotel to a standard of excellence
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
- Perform duties requiring experience in using basic hand tools, power tools and test equipment
- Inspect guest rooms, public spaces and back of the house areas to ensure good condition, proper operation of equipment
- Respond to guest concerns and complaints on a timely manner
- Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities
- Report and act promptly upon any unsafe acts, conditions and injuries
- Conduct daily walk-through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance of physical structures, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C and all other hotel systems and related equipment
Key Skills Required:
- Ability to troubleshoot refrigeration/AC equipment and mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to perform and log scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Ability to use manifold gauges and additional tools of the trade.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing skills.
- Ability to work cohesively as a team member.
- Ability to work in and around the public in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to safely and properly use hand and power tools.
- Available to work a varied schedule that will include evenings and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external guests in English
- Knowledgeable of all required OSHA Safety Programs
- Ability to read and understand, work orders, repair manuals and instructions in English
- Operate with passion, respect, integrity, dedication and empowerment to all internal and external guests
High School Diploma 4+ years of hotel engineering/maintenance experience EPA Certification REQUIRED
160 Room Hotel
The Joule identity is shaped by an evocative environment and a gracious service, creating unforgettable experiences and exceeding expectations.
Escape to a home away from home where lasting emotions are created, and luxury is authored and defined by the imaginative interpretation of each guest.
The Joule experience is simple yet sophisticated, and designed to inspire interaction. We build loyal relationships with our guests through dynamic and unique interactions that engage the mind and heart.
We encourage pride at work by providing an environment that is focused on developing and retaining talented ambassadors who are committed to a culture of genuine care for our guests.
Our leaders are entrepreneurs who inspire, engage and nurture our ambassadors with positive partnerships.
Through empowerment, we allow independent thinking and a creative approach to sincere hospitality.
We are for Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call Ambassadors who are filled with Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Empowerment to work in our outstanding downtown Hotel, Restaurants and Banquet venues.
We wish to engage, develop and retain dynamic, enthusiastic and diverse professionals committed to exceed The Joule’s mission: “Walking the path of P.R.I.D.E”